Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Made it- Father's Day gifts


Hey!  We are linking up with Tara for her weekly summer edition of Monday Made It!


First off, I made a few things for my husband for Father's Day!  Here is the first one!


My husband has a tendency to empty his pockets all over the bar that is in our kitchen.  It's a huge mess.  There's stuff everywhere and although I was tempted to take a picture of it, I'm too embarrassed.  Just imagine it.   I saw this pin:


Once I saw this pin, I knew that a tray for his stuff would be perfect, especially since my husband adamantly did not want me to buy him anything for Father's Day.  I love crafty things so I had to try it out!

Here's what I did:

I went to the store and bought supplies (which I forgot to take a picture of before I used it all!).  I got the wooden tray out of the wood section, scrapbook paper, mustache duct tape, and fuzzy mustaches!

I wished I had had the time to paint the tray first, but this was last minute, so I didn't.  I would have liked to have paint it black, but oh well!

I had two of these scrapbook pages.  I had to trim it.  I had originally thought to use two of the pages and cover the whole thing.  But then I decided to do this instead:


I thought I would tie in the mustaches a little more so my husband "got it".

I used my Cricut to cut the letters.  Too bad that I remembered I had black sticky vinyl, AFTER I had cut and glued these.  Sigh.  Oh well!  This worked just as well!
I got very aggravated at how bubbly the paper got as I Mod Podged.  I do not know why it did that!  I tried really hard to smooth it out but it didn't help!  Ugh.  Luckily, my husband does not care about such things (even if I still do!!!!!)!

I got the fuzzy mustaches from Party City!  :O)  I thought it added a fun touch!

We also made these for him:

I traced my children's hands and cut them out.  Then, we used receipt paper and they stretched out their hands to show that they love their Daddy "this much" and I rolled out the tape and then cut it the length they held out.  I accordion folded it so that he could pull it apart and we wrote "______ loves you this much!" inside.

My husband loved his crafty gifts!  (not that he'd say otherwise, of course!)

Last week, after training teachers all week, I needed to decompress and so I made these:


These are the colors.  I have pages and pages to show previews, but I didn't want you to have to scroll through all of that!  So, if you want to see all of them, you can go to our TPT store and download the preview.




Since I never make something without giving it away, we did a Pin it to Win it giveaway.  Here are our winners!


I also wanted to link up with my dear friend Christy for her:

I saw that Christy linked up meatballs, and so my meatball recipe popped into my head.  I have no idea where this recipe originated from...I've made it for years as an appetizer!

Ingredients:
package of meatballs (I think I usually get 16-28 oz- I can't remember- and they are swedish meatballs)
1 jar of chilli sauce
1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
1 TBSP of lemon juice
2 TBSP of brown sugar

Put all of this in a crockpot and cook on low for about 4 hours.  That's it!

They are a crowd favorite.  Even my friend Jessica likes them and she does not really eat "beef"!  They are so easy and yummy!!

I hope you have a great week!
Amanda

12 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try those meatballs. I always do chili sauce and grape jelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also do chili sauce and grape jelly, so I will have to try your recipe! The tray is super cute and I am sure he didn't notice the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project for Father's Day, that turned out so cute! Thanks for linking up those meatballs sound terrific and less work haha. I love any recipe that can go into my crock pot! :)

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love that tray! Can you believe the crazy kinds of duct tape they have now? I shipped our standardized tests back with peace sign shipping tape!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that tray is adorable!!! :) And yes EVEN I love your meatballs! (says you, the pickiest eater in the world. hee hee hee!!) They are delish!
    j to the ivey (joe to the diffey!)
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the tray is so cute! What a cute idea!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to win the papers Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi girls,
    Love your daddy stache tray...I bet he did too. Super cute!
    xoxox
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Father's Day gift! Bet he loved it!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...