Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Westward Expansion Article Winners!


Hey there!
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post our winners of the Westward Expansion Articles!  Between trying to get a portfolio done last week and state testing this week, I was a little overwhelmed!  (I know, I know, excuses, excuses!!)

But we have our winners!!  Congratulations ladies, and thank you to everyone who pinned!  Ladies, you have been emailed.

 And here is the info on the articles in case you missed it in my post HERE:  These articles are based on what we need to teach in 4th grade in GA.  However, they would be great for nonfiction close reading, even if you don't teach this, plus you can use them to differentiate in grades 4-6!  The vocabulary makes it challenging for 4th graders, which is why we do it together, but if you teach a higher grade, this could possibly be done independently.
There are interactive notebook activities and flipbooks with each article (just like our American Revolution Articles).
As well as questions for each article.
Stacia started using them on Friday, and this is what her students' journal looks like.  They highlighted key information in the article that helped them fill out the flipbook about causes and effects of the Louisiana Purchase.
Oh, and if you can use these nonfiction articles for your Westward Expansion unit, you can check them out in our TpT Store.

I hope you are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this! I just recently found your blog and missed the giveaway, but I will definitely be purchasing this. I will look into your other social studies products as well. This is my first year in fourth grade, our school was shut down due to mold, we lost all of our books and resources, so I am always scrambling to find resources for social studies and this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!! Like, super love them!! We like to reply by email (so you can see our response and we can chat back and forth) so please make sure that option is turned on in your profile settings or leave your email address here! Thanks again for taking time to comment!! It means a lot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...